Saturday, September 11, 2010

Essentials for Life by Marcia Ford (Book Review)


I was fortunate to receive a copy of the book Essentials for Life: Your Back-to-Basics Guide to What Matters Most by Marcia Ford to review. I would like to start out by stating that this book is perfect for anyone who is looking for a quick devotional to reflect on each day. Upon receiving this book, I read it in its entirety in one day. It offers easy to follow life topics, accompanied with tips for a closer relationship with God. There are Bible verses listed throughout each of the 50 chapters along with “do’s and don’ts” for everyday life.

Essentials for Life is a wonderful guide for the daily struggles that we often encounter. From “Learning to Forgive” to “Cultivating Healthy Friendships” this book touches on various topics while keeping a Christian based perspective. Not only did I find the book inspiring, I also ended up feeling challenged to walk a more Biblical based life. The Bible verses used in each chapter tied in Biblical based direction, while supporting the point of the author. Marcia Ford used simple wording, making this book an easy read. I highly recommend this book to those looking to strengthen their Christian walk, as well as those who are just starting the journey.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...