Monday, March 15, 2010

Save A Life! Donate Blood!

It all started when I was a senior in high school...way back in 1994!  Gosh, I am getting OLD!  We had a blood drive at our school and I decided to donate.  I have donated blood ever since and am certain that is a wonderful way to give back to your community.  I actually donated blood today!  Often times people say that they don't have money or items to donate.  Donating blood will cost your nothing but your time. 

When my children were born, they were 5 weeks premature.  My son was okay and came home with my husband and I, but my daughter required a 3 week stay in the NICU.  The night she was born, I had to sign an authorization form for a blood transfusion.  I was a wreck!  I am so grateful for those who had donated blood to save my daughter. 

Donating blood is a simple procedure that can make all the difference for someone else.  Check with your local blood bank for blood drives in your area.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...