Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Homemade Lasagna

 
If I were to ask my daughter what she wanted for dinner, she would say lasagna.  I was never real big on lasagna and never thought of making it homemade. It always seemed time consuming and difficult, so frozen lasagna became my best friend.  Never again!  About a year ago, I stumbled upon a wonderful recipe from Kraft for "Simply Lasagna."  I have made it so many times that I no longer need to look at the recipe.  It turns out perfect every time, is quick to make and makes my daughter very happy. :) 

So, hurry up and head to the store to get these ingredients.  You won't be sorry!


The recipe from Kraft calls for 1lb. of ground beef, but I always use ground turkey.  This meal is bad enough with all that cheese....why add more calories?  The recipe is as follows:


What You Need!

1 lb. ground beef (I use ground turkey)
2-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 container (15 oz.) part skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
12 lasagna noodles, uncooked 
1 cup water

Make It!

HEAT oven to 350°F. Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Meanwhile, mix 1-1/4 cups mozzarella, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan, parsley and egg until well blended; set aside.


DRAIN meat; return to skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Add water to empty sauce jar; cover with lid and shake well. Add to meat mixture; stir until well blended. Spread 1 cup sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; top with layers of 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and cheeses. Cover with greased foil.


BAKE 1 hour or until heated through, removing foil after 45 min. Let stand 15 min. before cutting to serve.


Hungry yet?








2 comments:

  1. You and Paulina need to get a lil cooking date together while Taylor and I play Wii! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um ok my Husband is going to want to Thank you because I have always felt the same way about Lasagna and it happens to be on eof his favorites. I will be trying this and I will let you know how it turns out. :) Thanks Jaime!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...