Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cook Yourself Thin.....Have you seen it?

There was this awesome show on Lifetime called 'Cook Yourself Thin.'  Each episode showcased someone who made terrible choices in food and how they could prepare great meals for about 1/2 the calories.  I haven't seen it on t.v. for a while, but did hit the library to check out the book.  The book, as well as their website, lists tons of wonderful recipes for healthier alternatives.  I have tried a couple of the recipes and have to say that the 'French Onion Soup' is fantastic! One serving is 302 calories, which includes a thin baguette slice and cheese...I leave that fun stuff off to lower the calories even more.  What to try next?  I am thinking the 'Steak With Cauliflower "Mashed" Potatoes.'  Man, I am hungry!  Time to go work out before I pig out!

2 comments:

  1. I have both of the cookbooks and they are wonderful. I didn't know there was a show...did you just see it? I will have to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I used to DVR the show but they started running re-runs so I don't watch it anymore. It was actually on yesterday on Lifetime Real Women channel. It is a fantastic show. That is awesome that you have the cookbooks. I didn't know they had more than one. I will have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...